- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Walk-in appointments
- Abuse survivors clinic
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- HIV testing
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for commercial sex workers (SAFE)
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) advice
- What to expect
- What services do GP practices provide?
- What services do pharmacies provide?
- Services we don't offer
Services for commercial sex workers (SAFE)
The SAFE project is a sexual health service for people who work, have worked or may start working in the commercial sex industry across Birmingham and Solihull. SAFE offers a safe space to talk about anything which impacts on your health and well-being, and work. We aim to reduce the harm associated with sex work and to empower positive choices.
SAFE works with a number of partner agencies, so we can put you in touch with the right people to offer the help and support you need. However, our service is completely confidential and we will not discuss anything you tell us with any other services if you don’t want us to.*
* There may be exceptional circumstances when we need to involve other agencies without having to ask your consent, for example if we think you or somebody else is in danger.