Get free, secure sexual health advice on your phone via text message
ChatHealth is a safe and secure healthcare messaging system, widely used by NHS teams across the UK. It allows patients to get confidential help and advice from Umbrella health advisors via text message.
Who can use ChatHealth?
Our ChatHealth service is for under-18s, people who are deaf or hard of hearing, and people who need help and advice with any of the following:
- Untreated gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis or mycoplasma genitalium
- Sexual assault
- Domestic abuse
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
You can also use ChatHealth to respond to a message from our health advising team.
How it works
- Service user sends a text message to our ChatHealth number, 07312 263287
- An automatic reply is sent to the service user, confirming that their message has been received
- During clinic hours, an Umbrella health advisor replies to the service user’s message
- Outside clinic hours, ChatHealth will reply to the service user to let them know where to get help
The ChatHealth service is available between 09:30 and 16:00, Monday to Friday.