Sexual problems can impact anyone at any stage in life, and you don’t have to be in a relationship to experience these issues.
Sometimes the way we think about sex can have a negative effect on our sexual performance.
If you experience any of the following, or find your sex life is being affected by other psychological issues, we may be able to offer you psychosexual therapy:
- Premature ejaculation or rapid ejaculation – inability to control ejaculation (“coming” too soon)
- Delayed ejaculation or absent ejaculation – difficulty in reaching ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence) – inability to get or keep an erection
- Impaired sexual interest – no interest in sex, causing concern in the individual
- Impaired arousal – difficulty in becoming sexually aroused
- Orgasmic dysfunction or anorgasmia – finding it difficult to reach orgasm despite adequate sexual stimulation
- Dyspareunia – pain when starting or having sexual intercourse
- Vaginismus – not being able to tolerate any vaginal penetration
Psychosexual therapy services are offered at Umbrella’s Whittall Street Clinic.
You will need to be a Birmingham or Solihull resident to access our psychosexual clinic.
If this is a service you are interested in, please speak to your GP or to a doctor or nurse at one of our clinics.