- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- HIV testing
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Survivors of sexual abuse and assault
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) referrals
- Walk-in appointments
- What to expect
- Book an appointment
- What services do GP practices provide?
- Services we don't offer
STI self-sampling kits
If you're aged 16 or over and living in Birmingham or Solihull, you can request a free sexually transmitted infection (STI) self-sampling kit. You can use the kit to take your own samples at home and send them back to us for free. We’ll test your samples and let you know the results by phone or text message for free.
Did we mention it’s free?
What we test for
All kits allow us to test for:
For men who have (or have had) sex with other men, hepatitis B is included.
How it works
1. Answer a few short questions
2. Choose where to have your kit delivered *
3. Collect or receive your kit
4. Follow the instructions to take your samples
5. Return your samples in the pre-paid package
6. Receive the results of your STI test by phone or text
* You can have your kit delivered to your home or another address, or collect it from an Umbrella pharmacy or clinic.
For further information on sexually transmitted infections, please see our STI pages.