- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Walk-in appointments
- Abuse survivors clinic
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- HIV testing
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for commercial sex workers (SAFE)
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) advice
- What to expect
- What services do GP practices provide?
- What services do pharmacies provide?
- Services we don't offer
Did you know that many GP practices offer the following sexual health services? (Please see our service locator or contact your GP for details.)
- Advice about a full range of contraception
- Prescribing of contraceptives (some GPs offer contraceptive implants and intrauterine devices (IUDs or coils). Use our service locator to check which services are provided where)
- Advice about emergency hormonal contraception (EHC or the "morning after pill") and prescribing where appropriate
- Free condoms as part of a sexual health consultation (please contact the practice for details of their specific arrangements)
- Advice about unplanned/unwanted pregnancy and referral for treatment
- Advice about free pregnancy testing
- Advice about sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Referral for STI testing and treatment (some GPs offer STI testing, HIV testing, chlamydia treatment and STI treatment. Use our service locator to check which services are provided where)
Not registered with a GP?
For advice and information about how to register with a GP, visit the NHS Choices website.
Did you know that if you are not registered with a GP but live in Birmingham, certain GP practices will offer you some sexual health services? Please check our service locator for details.