Did you know the majority of GP practices offer these sexual health services?
- Advice about a full range of contraception
- Prescribing of contraceptives (some GPs offer contraceptive implants and intrauterine devices (IUDs or coils), but not all of them. Use our service locator to check which services are provided where)
- Advice about emergency hormonal contraception (EHC or the 'morning after pill') and prescribing where appropriate
- Free condoms as part of a sexual health consultation (Some GPs offer free condoms, please contact the practice for details of their specific arrangements)
- Advice and referral about unplanned/unwanted pregnancy
- Advice about free pregnancy testing
- Advice about STIs
- Referral for STI testing and treatment (Some GPs offer STI testing, HIV testing, Chlamydia treatment and STI treatment, but not all of them. Use our service locator to check which services are provided where)
Not registered with a GP?
For advice and information about how to register with a GP, visit the NHS Choices website.
Did you know that if you are not registered with a GP but live in Birmingham, certain GP practices will offer you some sexual health services? Please check the service locator for details.