- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- HIV testing
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Survivors of sexual abuse and assault
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) referrals
- Walk-in appointments
- What to expect
- Book an appointment
- What services do GP practices provide?
- Services we don't offer
Termination of pregnancy (abortion) referrals
Termination of pregnancy (also known as abortion) is the medical process of ending a pregnancy before the baby is born. This can be for a number of reasons, for example to protect the health of the mother or because the baby would be born with a serious disability.
An abortion must be carried out by a specialist service which deals with termination of pregnancy.
If you're considering a termination of pregnancy, you can refer yourself to any of the below termination providers in Birmingham and Solihull. You don't need to visit your GP or an Umbrella clinic first. Termination of pregnancy is free from the providers below if you are registered with a local GP. All methods of contraception and some sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing services are also available to anyone being treated by these providers.
Umbrella can't carry out terminations of pregnancy, but some of our clinics can refer people to specialist services if termination is something they're considering.