- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Abuse Survivors Clinic
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- Chlamydia screening
- HIV testing
- LGBT services
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) referrals
- Walk-in appointments
- What to expect
- Book an appointment
- Services provided by GPs
- Services provided by pharmacies
- Services we don't offer
Termination of pregnancy (abortion) referrals
Termination of pregnancy (also known as abortion) is the medical process of ending a pregnancy before the baby is born. This can be for a number of reasons, for example to protect the health of the mother or because the baby would be born with a serious disability.
An abortion must be carried out by a specialist service which deals with termination of pregnancy.
Umbrella can't carry out abortions, but some of our clinics can refer people to specialist services if termination is something they're considering.
Marie Stopes is the country's largest abortion care charity and helps more women access abortion services every year than any other organisation.