- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Walk-in appointments
- Abuse survivors clinic
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- HIV testing
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for commercial sex workers (SAFE)
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) advice
- What to expect
- What services do GP practices provide?
- What services do pharmacies provide?
- Services we don't offer
Termination of pregnancy (abortion) advice
Termination of pregnancy (also known as abortion) is the medical process of ending a pregnancy before the baby is born. This can be for a number of reasons, for example to protect the health of the mother or because the baby would be born with a serious disability.
Umbrella doesn't perform termination of pregnancies. An abortion must be carried out by a specialist service which deals with termination of pregnancy.
If you're considering a termination of pregnancy, you can refer yourself to any of the below termination providers in Birmingham and Solihull. You don't need to visit your GP or an Umbrella clinic first. Termination of pregnancy is free from the providers below if you are registered with a local GP. All methods of contraception and some sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing services are also available to anyone being treated by these providers.