- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Walk-in appointments
- Abuse survivors clinic
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- HIV testing
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for commercial sex workers (SAFE)
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) referrals
- What to expect
- What services do GP practices provide?
- What services do pharmacies provide?
- Services we don't offer
Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
Shortage of hepatitis B vaccine
There is currently a shortage of hepatitis B affecting all healthcare providers, including Umbrella.
At present, we are unable to offer ongoing vaccination after the first dose has been given. This includes vaccinations for people who already have appointments booked.
Umbrella offers a range of testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections.
If you live in Birmingham or Solihull and are aged 16 or over you can request a free STI self-sampling kit. You can have a kit delivered to you, or you can collect one from a clinic or pharmacy. Instructions on how to take samples are included in the pack, and you can send your samples back for free in the pre-paid package. The samples will be tested and the results will be sent to you for free.
All Umbrella clinics provide free testing for STIs, including chlamydia and HIV, as well as treatment if any tests are positive.
Some pharmacies can also provide chlamydia treatment.