- Our services
- Not sure which service you need?
- Service locator
- STI self-sampling kits
- Walk-in appointments
- Abuse survivors clinic
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- HIV testing
- Post-exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE)
- Pregnancy testing and advice
- Psychosexual services
- Services for commercial sex workers (SAFE)
- Services for under-16s
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) services
- Termination of pregnancy (abortion) referrals
- What to expect
- What services do GP practices provide?
- What services do pharmacies provide?
- Services we don't offer
Umbrella delivers sexual health services for lesbian, gay, bi and trans (LGBT) people in partnership with Birmingham LGBT Centre.
The free and confidential LGBT services include:
- Free STI and HIV testing – seven days a week
- Free STI postal kits
- Free Rapid HIV testing (results in 60 seconds)
- Free condoms, lube, dams and gloves
- One-to-one support with friendly, professional, LGBT-aware staff
- Weekly walk-in nurse-led sexual health clinic
- Monthly Trans people’s sexual health clinic located on the edge of Birmingham City Centre
- Monthly women’s sexual health clinic
- Support around chemsex
- Peer mentoring support
- Support around sexual and domestic abuse
- Referral to counselling and peer support
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) advice clinic (by appointment only)
For more details, please see our service locator and the Birmingham LGBT website.